We have just launched a brand new video series, Food for Thought. We're kicking off with quick, budget-friendly revision snacks, perfect for a healthy energy boost during exam season.
Take a look at the recipes below, click on the videos in this post or view the video series over on our YouTube channel for quick and easy how-to tutorials.
Froyo berry bites (makes 6)
- 185g coconut yoghurt (or alternative)
1. Use cupcake cases
2. Divide the yoghurt
3. Add the fruit
4. Freeze for 2 hours and then consume
Total estimated cost to make 6 froyo fruit bites: 97p
Vegan energy bites (makes 6)
- 45g oats (coeliac? Substitute for gluten-free oats)
- 15g raisins
- 62g peanut butter (or alternative)
- 56g maple syrup
1. Add ingredients to a mixing bowl
2. Mix thoroughly
3. Divide the batter and roll into six balls
4. Freeze for 1 hour, then keep refrigerated and consume
Total estimated cost to make 6 vegan energy bites: 76p
Banana bread in a mug
- 1 tbsp butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, diced
- 4 tbsp flour (or gluten-free alternative)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk (or dairy-free alternative)
- ½ tsp baking powder
1. Melt butter in a mug in the microwave for 1.5 minutes (1000W microwave, adjust as appropriate)
2. Add ingredients
3. Mix thoroughly
4. Soften the banana by mashing with a fork
5. Microwave for 1.5 minutes (1000W microwave, adjust as appropriate)
6. Remove from the microwave and turn around
7. Microwave for another 60 seconds
6. Ensure it is cooked through
7. Added sliced banana topping (or some dark chocolate chips!)
Total estimated cost to make one banana bread in a mug: 47p
Ensure food is cooked thoroughly.
If you have allergies or intolerances, please alter the ingredients to suit you.
Eat in moderation as part of a healthy, balanced diet.