QAA Higher Education Review (2014)
The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) conducted a Higher Education Review of the University (then University Campus Suffolk) in November 2014. The final report is available on the QAA website, and outlines how the University meets all expectations and presents a low risk in relation to all aspects of the UK Quality Code. The review identified the following features of good practice:
- The active involvement of employers in the design, approval, review and delivery of programmes
- The curriculum-based employability skills and extra-curricular work experience opportunities that have a positive impact on student learning.
The report included three recommendations relating to:
- the Joint Academic Committee's involvement in managing academic standards and quality on taught provision delivered at the Learning Network Centres
- the breadth of subject and supervisory expertise on the Postgraduate Research Sub-Committee
- updating of published information in the context of institutional change.
The University produced an action plan in response to the review, which outlined how the three recommendations had been addressed.