EU Scholarship 2021/22
Following the UK’s departure from the EU, from 2021/22 EU students will no longer be entitled to financial support from Student Finance England. To support EU students through this transition, the University of Suffolk is offering an EU Scholarship of up to £4,590 (pro rata for part-time students), this will provide financial support in the absence of tuition fee loans.
Due to reciprocal agreements under the Common Travel Area arrangement, England has confirmed that funding and immigration status changes coming into place for EU students from 2021 do not apply to Irish nationals living in the UK and Ireland. If you are planning to join us as a new student from August 2021, you are therefore likely to be classified as a 'Home' student for tuition fee purposes, as long as you meet the general conditions. In addition, you are likely to be eligible for a tuition fee loan through Student Finance England and are, therefore, not eligible for this scholarship.
- Be a new student to the University of Suffolk in academic year 2021/22, starting in the first year of your course
- Be new to Higher Education and not transferring from another UK institution
- Be studying full-time or part-time on an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree, paying full overseas tuition fees
- You must have a fee status determination of EU by the University of Suffolk
- You must ordinarily be resident outside of the UK
- Be in continued attendance on the course on which you enrolled at the date of payment
- There will be no backdated payment
- Apprenticeship, CPD, SCITT and partnership courses are not eligible for this scholarship
This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarships offered by the University of Suffolk.
In order to be considered for an EU Scholarship you must complete the online application (see ‘How to Apply’ below) by the deadline and ensure that you meet all of the EU Scholarship criteria.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship of up to £4,590 (pro-rata for part time students) each year for the duration of your course. Scholarship amounts will vary depending on the course you are studying on, but the intention is to bring your tuition fee in line with the fee paid by UK students.
Scholarships will not be paid to you directly. They will be offset against your tuition fees prior to invoicing each year. If you apply for a scholarship and are successful after invoicing has already occurred, your fee will be amended retrospectively, and a statement will be issued with your outstanding balance. In the unlikely event that we do need to pay the scholarship to you directly, please note you will be required to provide UK bank account details.
For full bursary and scholarship information please visit MySuffolk.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
How to Apply
Click below to access the online application form.
The deadline for application is 31 July 2022.
EU Travel Bursary
We also offer separate EU travel bursaries to help cover the costs of re-location from your home country to the UK. This is offered at a value of up to 200 euros. For more information and to apply, EU travel bursary