From 2021, the University of Suffolk will offer a range of EU Scholarships providing alternative financial support in the absence of student loans. The amount of this scholarship will vary on the course you are applying for, but it is intended to bring your fee into line with the fee paid by UK students. Full eligibility criteria have not yet been finalised, but we expect the majority of our EU students will be eligible for our scholarship. This will apply for the duration of your course with the scholarship discount being applied each year to your tuition fee.
Final eligibility criteria and scholarship details will be published on this page shortly.
The University of Suffolk is pleased to offer Scholarships to the value of £1,500 to all EU nationals who enrol onto an Undergraduate degree in 2020/21. The Scholarship will be paid across the first and second year of study.
- Be a new student to the University of Suffolk in 2020, starting in the first year of your course
- Be new to Higher Education and not transferring from another UK institution
- Be studying full-time on an Undergraduate degree, paying tuition fees of £8,220 for a foundation degree or £9,250 for a bachelor degree
- Be in receipt of a Tuition Fee Loan from the Student Loans Company (SLC)
- You must be classed as an EU National by the University of Suffolk
- You must ordinarily be resident outside of the UK
- Be in continued attendance on the course on which you enrolled at the date of payment
This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other Scholarships offered by the University of Suffolk.
For full bursary and Scholarship information please visit MySuffolk.
Successful applicants will receive a £1,500 bursary. £1,000 will be paid in year 1 and £500 in year 2 (dependant on successful progression and still meeting eligibility criteria)
Awards are expected to be paid in 2 equal instalments on the last working day of October and February for Septembers starters. Payment dates for February starters are expected to be the last working day of March and August.
Applications must be received and you must meet all eligibility criteria at least 3 weeks prior to the first payment date to ensure your first instalment is not delayed.
Payments are made to you directly by the Student Loans Company, and can only be paid into a UK bank account. Once you have set up your UK bank account, you must give your bank details to the EU Team at the Student Loans Company by calling 0141 243 3570.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
How to apply
Complete our online application form;
EU Travel Bursary
We also offer separate EU travel bursaries to help cover the costs of re-location from your home country to the UK. This is offered at a value of up to 200 euros. For more information and to apply, EU travel bursary