What is EIRA?
EIRA stands for Enabling Innovation: Research to Application and is a project awarded by Research England to help businesses in the region grow and develop through the provision of intervention. The project is due to last until March 2020 and is linked with 7 different universities and colleges in the local area are part of the project including us at Suffolk. The primary aim of the project is to stimulate economic activities within the area focusing on AI, Biotech and Digital and Creative industries.
How can my business benefit from EIRA?
There are several interventions that are associated with the EIRA grant and they are:
- Innovation vouchers - up to £5000 given which is 20% match funded.
- Research and Development grants - up to £50,000 which is 25% match funded.
- Hot House Events - Main events taking place at Adastral Park
- Proof of Concept fund - up to £40,000.
- Innovation Internships - SME focused internship.
Please click here for more information with regards to the EIRA project.
Get in Touch
To register your interest in the EIRA programme and find out more about how the programme can help you, get in touch with our University’s Knowledge Exchange Team.
- Up to £5000 – 20% match funded
- Consultancy support
- Available for small pieces of development which may lead to large scale collaboration e.g. a KTP or Innovation Bridge
- Target Businesses: SME
- Please note: Money from voucher is given upon completion of the project.
- £20,000 - £50,000 – 25% match funded
- Collaboration of research and development
- Must go through a panel review process before approval of grant.
- Aim: for projects to test feasibility and develop a new project/product or service.
- Target businesses: all
- Facilitated workshop collaboration between HEI’S and Businesses
- £10,000 - £40,000
- For Eira network academics for commercialisation and tech transfer activities.
- SME focused internship – giving the graduate an opportunity of an internship within an SME environment : Graduate project hosted by SME.
- Central support – comprehensive package of support.