Pancake Day is right around the corner and for all my fellow plant-based friends out there I am sharing a super easy vegan pancake recipe which taste just as good as ordinary pancakes and are just as easy to make! As always you can top your pancakes with whatever suits your personal tastes but today I am using good old sugar and lemon for my pancakes.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp sugar
- 400ml milk (I am using soya)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (for cooking)
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- Slowly add milk to the mixture until you get a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and pour in the batter to either make small or large pancakes depending on your personal tastes. Cook each pancake for a couple of mins on either side – make sure they are golden before serving!
- Load them up with toppings and eat!
Let us know if you try out this recipe too and if you want to see how I got on making these pancakes be sure to check us out on TikTok @universityofsuffolk