Who doesn’t love gingerbread especially during this festive period! It is the perfect winter treat but is easy to over complicate so today I am sharing with you a super easy vegan gingerbread recipe that only requires six ingredients and is dairy and egg free meaning they are great to share with friends and family who are in your bubble!
- 125g Butter
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 100g Golden syrup
- 320g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Bi-carbonate of soda
- Cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 160 C (375F)
- Place the butter and sugar in bowl and mix until pale and creamy.
- Add golden syrup, flour, ginger and bicarb and mix until you get a smooth dough.
- Roll out onto baking paper to 4mm thickness and cut out shapes.
- Place on lined trays and bake for approx. 10 min or until golden. Allow to cool.
Let us know how you get on if you try out this recipe too and if you want to see how I got on making these be sure to check us out on TikTok: www.tiktok.com/@universityofsuffolk