University of Suffolk covers the costs of:
- Examination fees. However, you may be required to pay for a resit examination if you are scheduled for an exam and are absent without explanation.
- Interlibrary loans
- Printing: Most assignments can be submitted online but not all. Students at University of Suffolk will be credited with the equivalent of £10 printing/copying at the start of each year. If required, additional printing is charged per sheet via a prepay system.
- The first issue of your ID card although you will be charged £10 to replace a lost card
- All essential Field Trips that form part of your assessment
- All dissertation materials (if you choose a project with exceptional costs, you will be expected to make a contribution)
Costs to prepare for:
- Parking on Campus, University of Suffolk charges £2 a day. On average, full-time students are on campus 3 days a week.
- Reading Lists - All core texts are available in the Library as a short loan, as a reference copy or as an e-book. You may wish to purchase some books although there are no essential texts a budget of up to 100 would be advised. Discounts are available in high street stores if you have an NUS Extra Card (Search online for NUS Extra for more details).
- Students are charged for library resources that are not returned by the due date
- Optional field trips which cost between £50 and £150. In addition we run an annual overseas trip, which will incur at least £150 in costs.
- You will be involved in work based activities but many of these reimburse travel expenses. If you do have to pay your own costs they are normally minimal as the placements are local.