University of Suffolk covers the costs of:
- Examination fees. However, you may be required to pay for a resit examination if you are scheduled for an exam and are absent without explanation.
- Interlibrary loans
- Printing; Students at University of Suffolk will be credited with the equivalent of £10 printing/copying at the start of each year. If required, additional printing is charged per sheet via a prepay system.
- The first issue of your ID card. However you will be charged £10 to replace a lost card
- All dissertation materials (if you choose a project with exceptional costs, you will be expected to make a contribution ie; if students want to engage in research that requires them to travel, pay for access to certain libraries or archives)
Costs to prepare for:
- Reading Lists - you will be emailed with the core text necessary in the first year. Budget for about £150 to £250 per year, although all key texts are all available in the library, and some texts can be bought much more cheaply second-hand.
- Students are charged for library resources that are not returned by the due date
- Parking on Campus; University of Suffolk charges 2 a day. On average, full-time students are on campus four days a week and may be expected to be in five days a week in order to complete production work using equipment that is located on campus.
- You are encouraged to undertake extra-curricular placements and/or professional practice projectsduring your studies, and you will need to cover your own travel and subsistence costs for this.
- Any optional field trips usually involve train fair to London, so budget for a maximum of £75.
- We expect students to submit bound copies of their final year dissertation which will cost around £15.