BSc (Hons) Radiotherapy and Oncology
University of Suffolk covers the costs of:
- Examination fees, however, you may be required to pay for a resit examination if you are scheduled for an exam and are absent without explanation
- Interlibrary loans
- Printing: Most assignments can be submitted online but not all. Students at our main campus in Ipswich will be credited with the equivalent of £10 printing/copying at the start of each year. If required, additional printing is charged per sheet via a prepay system.
- The first issue of your ID card although you will be charged £10 to replace a lost card
- All dissertation materials (if you choose a project with exceptional costs, you will be expected to make a contribution)
- A clinical uniform for placement
Costs to prepare for:
- Reading Lists - All core texts are available in the UCS Library as a short loan, as a reference copy or as an e-book. However, we recommend you buy some books, such as Practical RT planning, RT in practice External beam Therapy, Practical RT Physics and Equipment. Allow a budget of £250 for books. Discounts are available in high street stores if you have an NUS Extra Card (Search online for NUS Extra for more details and some second hand copies are available from graduating students.
- Students are charged for library resources that are not returned by the due date.
- Parking on Campus – UCS charges £2 a day. On average, full-time students are on campus 5 days a week in the first year, 4 days in the second year and 3 in the third year. However, some of your time will be spent on placement and there may be parking charges associated with this.
- There are eight placement sites and you will be briefed at the selection days. Placements are assigned randomly and there will be costs associated with travelling to these.