BA (Hons) Digital Film Production
University of Suffolk covers the costs of:
- Examination fees. However, you may be required to pay for a resit examination if you are scheduled for an exam and are absent without explanation.
- Interlibrary loans
- Printing:Students at our main campus in Ipswich will be credited with the equivalent of £10 printing/copying at the start of each year. If required, additional printing is charged per sheet via a prepay system.
- The first issue of your ID card. However you will be charged £10 to replace a lost card
- All dissertation materials (if you choose a project with exceptional costs, you will be expected to make a contribution) i.e if you wish to engage in research that requires travel, pay for access to certain libraries or archives.
Costs to prepare for:
- Reading Lists: you will be emailed with the core text necessary in the first year. Budget for about £150 per year, although all key texts are all available in the library, and some texts can be bought much more cheaply second-hand.
- Students are charged for library resources that are not returned by the due date
- Parking on Campus: Charges are £2 a day. On average, full-time students are on campus four days a week and may be expected to be in five days a week in order to complete production work using equipment that is located on campus.
- You are required to undertake placements and/or professional practice projects in the final year as part of the Professional Practice module, and you will need to cover your own travel and subsistence costs.
- Any optional fieldtrips usually involve train fair to London, so budget for a maximum of £75.
- We expect students to submit bound copies of their final year dissertation which will cost around £15
- You will need to purchase at least one external (FAT) hard drive, preferably two, so you have a backup, and SD cards. The cost for these items would be £150 to £300, and we can provide technical advice on purchase of these items during induction week in September.
- Students must also purchase SD cards that are approximately £20-£30 each - we suggest purchasing two.