BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
University of Suffolk covers the costs of:
- Examination fees, however, you may be required to pay for a resit examination if you are scheduled for an exam and are absent without explanation
- Interlibrary loans
- Printing: Most assignments can be submitted online but not all. Students at our main campus in Ipswich will be credited with the equivalent of £10 printing/copying at the start of each year. If required, additional printing is charged per sheet via a prepay system.
- The first issue of your ID card although you will be charged £10 to replace a lost card
- All dissertation materials (if you choose a project with exceptional costs, you will be expected to make a contribution)
- A clinical uniform for placement
Costs to prepare for:
- Reading Lists: All core texts are available in the campus Library as a short loan, as a reference copy or as an e-book. However, if your application is successful and you enrol as a student, you will receive your course handbook where each module has an extensive list for indicative reading; you are not expected to read all those texts from cover to cover but they may have useful chapters or references pertinent to that module. There will not be a copy for each student. If you therefore wish to purchase a few key texts of your own and if you only buy two books, we would recommend:
Gunn, C. (2012) Bones and Joints: a guide for students. 6th edn. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
And an anatomy and physiology text book, for example:
Tortora, GJ. and Derrickson, B. (2014) Principles of anatomy and physiology. 14th edn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Other books you may wish to consider are:
Sloane, C. and Whitley, AS. (2010) Clark's pocket handbook for radiographers. London: Hodder Arnold.
Carver, E. and Carver, B. (2012) Medical imaging: techniques, reflection & evaluation. 2nd edn. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
- Allow a budget of £250 for books. Discounts are available in high street stores if you have an NUS Extra Card (Search online for NUS Extra for more details and some second hand copies are available from graduating students.
- Students are charged for library resources that are not returned by the due date.
- Parking on Campus: Charges are £2 a day. On average, full-time students are on campus 5 days a week in the first year, 4 days in the second year and 3 in the third year. However, some of your time will be spent on placement and there may be parking charges associated with this.
- There are eight placement sites and you will be briefed at the selection days. Placements are assigned randomly and there will be costs associated with travelling to these.