The University of Suffolk and the Students’ Union is committed to supporting students and staff with the cost of living and is implementing several measures to help. These practical measures are designed to support students over the winter months and help maintain wellbeing during key study periods.
Free car parking for permit holders
From 1 November University of Suffolk permit holders will not be required to purchase a parking stay from Monday to Friday. Weekend parking is already free and permits also need displaying over weekends.
This concession will remain in place until 31 March 2023 and all other terms and conditions remain in place during this period including the display of valid permits.
Additional support for students to help with the cost of living:
- Free weekly breakfast and dinner clubs in the SU Social Space, bookable in advance
- Free food bank which can be accessed by contacting a member of SU Advice at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunch bags in the SU Social Space, readily available for students to help themselves to
- Free tea and coffee from the SU Social Space kitchen
- Free sanitary products available from the SU toilets
In addition, the university and SU are also considering a range of further support measures to try to support our students during this difficult time.
Links will also be available to advise on domestic energy saving tips, grants and local support schemes.
We will provide updates on these initiatives as they develop. The Student Life team continue to support our students with financial advice and guidance. Please visit the Student Centre or email StudentLife@uos.ac.uk to speak to someone further about your situation.