Support ~ Faith ~ Spirituality
Here for everyone. Here to listen
The University of Suffolk is a multi-faith community and welcomes students from a diverse range of backgrounds. In Ipswich we have a multi-faith chaplaincy welcoming both staff and students of all faiths and no faith.
A Faith Shaped Presence
The Chaplaincy Team consists of a number of Chaplains and Chaplaincy Volunteers. Each of us represents a particular faith and are here for all students and staff.
Chaplains are available on-line, via Zoom, and in person for 1 to 1 chats over coffee. Book a slot by contacting Linda Pepper (Lead Chaplain) on 07854 188536 or by email L.firstname.lastname@example.org
What can we do for you?
- We are here if you need someone to talk to.
- We provide support, advice and information.
- We offer space and time for worship and prayer, or just to relax.
- We provide a safe place where you will be listened to, can explore faith and seek meaning and purpose in life.
- We can put you in touch with local churches / faith communities / student faith groups.
- We love to celebrate festivals.
- We provide activities exploring faiths, values and beliefs.
8-9am every Tuesday in term time - Simply Staff Prayer Breakfast
8:30-9:30am every Friday in term time - Friendly Fridays - free coffee and toast
11am-4pm Monday to Friday - Chaplaincy Social Space available for staff and students to chill and chat (and bookable for society meetings)
Lockdown 3 has been HARD in so many ways.
Members of the Multi Faith Chaplaincy Team are working with 2 volunteers from St Elizabeth's Hospice to host a series of Compassionate Community Cafes to address some of them. These are opportunities for staff and students who have been affected by the trauma of loss through lockdown to chat together, ask questions around grief and death, and encourage each other.
The first 'Cafe' will be hosted over Zoom on Monday 1st March at 7:30pm.
Email Linda Pepper (L.email@example.com) for a zoom link.