Here for everyone. Here to listen
The University of Suffolk is a multi-faith community and welcomes students from a diverse range of backgrounds. In Ipswich we have a multi-faith chaplaincy welcoming both staff and students of all faiths and no faith.
A Faith Shaped Presence
The Chaplaincy Team consists of 11 chaplains - each of us represents a particular faith and are here for all students and staff. Find us in the Library building, next to the Students' Union. We always have good coffee available!
The Chaplaincy Team
- Tom Rout (Lead Chaplain) - Church of England
- Tracey Allen (Chaplaincy Co-ordinator) - Church of England
- Adrian Gates - Roman Catholic
- Barbara Richardson-Todd - Quaker
- Bhupindar Singh Sually - Sikh
- David Baker - Elim Pentecostal
- Elizabeth Sugarman - Jewish
- Manwar Ali - Muslim
- Paul Finn - Vineyard Church
- Richard Togher - Baha'i
- Tim Yau - United Reformed Church
What can we do for you?
- We are here if you need someone to talk to.
- We provide support, advice and information.
- We offer space and time for worship and prayer, or just to relax.
- We provide a safe place where you will be listened to, can explore faith and seek meaning and purpose in life.
- We can put you in touch with local churches / faith communities / student faith groups.
- We love to celebrate festivals.
- We provide activities exploring faiths, values and beliefs.
Support ~ Faith ~ Spirituality
Join us every Tuesday 8.30 - 9.30 for free tea and toast (and good coffee!)