Students starting at University of Suffolk in academic year 2018-19 who are living in, or have previously lived in, local authority care, could be eligible for a Care Leavers Bursary. Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary in each year of study (dependent on successful progression and still meeting eligibility criteria)
To be eligible for the Care Leavers Bursary 2018-19, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a new student to University of Suffolk in 2018-19
- Be studying full time towards a Foundation/Bachelor or Integrated Master’s degree
- Be paying tuition fees of £8,220 (Foundation degree) or £9,250 (Bachelor’s/Integrated Master’s degree)
- Be in the first year of your course
- Have lived in Local Authority Care and been assessed as a Care Leaver by SLC
- Be living in the UK (EU/Overseas students are not eligible for this bursary)
Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary in each year of study - maximum of 3 years (dependant on successful progression and still meeting eligibility criteria)
For full bursary and Scholarship information please visit MySuffolk.
The closing date for applications for September starters is 3 December 2018. Applications will be assessed after this date and you should expect to be notified of the outcome by January 2019.
The closing date for February starters is 1 May 2019. Applications will be assessed after this date and you should expect to be notified of the outcome by June 2019.
Awards are expected to be paid in two equal instalments on the last working day of February and May 2019 for September starters. Payment dates for February starters are expected to be the last working day of August and November 2019.
Please note other academic year starts will follow the same principle for deadline and payments dates. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Click below to access the online application form;