The University of Suffolk is committed to supporting care leavers on their journey into higher education and throughout their time at university, so that you can get the best out of your university experience and reach your full potential.
How do we support looked after children and care leavers to progress to university?
The University of Suffolk participates in the National Network for the Education of Care Leavers eastern region group to provide opportunities and support for looked after children and care leavers to progress to university. We offer:
- dedicated outreach through our Uniconnect partnership (NEACO);
- an annual residential programme (14-18 years) in partnership with UEA and NUA;
- application support;
- drop-in sessions for university offer holders to offer advice and support on starting university.
For more information on our support and offer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we support you as a University of Suffolk student?
- An identified key worker or mentor with (at least) termly appointments to review your needs and act as a point of contact for any worries or questions you might have. To book an appointment to talk to a member of the team, please email email@example.com and explain that you would like to access support for care leavers.
- A suite of workshops available to help manage stress, anxiety and study skills
- Pre-entry study skills development courses to help you meet fellow students and begin to understand what it means to be a University of Suffolk student
- One to one support in the development of your skills and confidence in producing academic assignments, including finding information, English for Academic Purposes, study skills, maths and IT
- Access to a range of physical and electronic resources to support your learning and complement your reading lists. For more information about the services available from Library and Learning Services, visit our webpages at http://libguides.uos.ac.uk
- Accommodation - 50 week tenancies available at Athena Hall.
For more information on support available to care leavers at the University of Suffolk, contact firstname.lastname@example.org